Microsoft Outlook Problem
There must be some way to goose this thing. In Windows 8, open the Apps menu, choose Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles. In Control Panel, choose Programs and Features. Then make sure that Outlook has the latest patches, via Windows Updates. check over here
How can I speed it up? Bug fixes, new features, and performance enhancements are released regularly. Select Tools --> Account Settings and click the RSS Feeds tab. To install the latest Windows and Office updates, see Install Office updates.
Launch Outlook in safe mode by choosing one of the following options. Errors in Office files are repaired automatically. Here it is, in rough order from most to least annoying: Annoyance No. 1Outlook is too darn slow. In Windows 8, on the Apps menu, choose Run, type Outlook /safe, and then choose OK.
Here's how to make it work better for you. Also, I focus here on using Outlook for POP3 mail; I don't cover Outlook used in an Exchange environment. There are a number of possible reasons for Outlook to behave this way. Outlook has countless features, ranging from e-mail gathering to calendaring, contact tracking, to-do list creation and more -- yet its tendency toward bloat, sluggishness and unreliability can make it maddening to
Close Outlook. There's one patch in particular that is important if you have sizable .pst files: Update for Outlook 2007 (KB933493). BrandPostsLearn more Sponsored by Puppet Cloud for the enterprise Sponsored by Comcast Enterprise The Future of Networking is in the Cloud. find more info But I'm ready to move beyond that -- I've found solutions for the problems that most bedevil Outlook users.
And over time, you may have subscribed to feeds you no longer read. That by itself will do a world of good. In the list of installed programs, right-click Microsoft Office 2016 or Microsoft Office 2013, and then choose Change. Here are the latest Insider stories. 10 super-user tricks to boost Windows 10 productivity 10 tips for helming IT through ups and downs Drive cloning in Windows 10 with free tools
- Choose User Accounts > Mail > Show Profiles.
- For example, the first time you try to Dismiss All on a list of reminders, Outlook asks you if you're sure you want to do that.
- If our automated tool can't fix your issue, you aren't using Office 365 for business, or you'd like to talk to support, you can contact the Answer Desk.
- How can we improve it?
- The Inbox Repair Tool can resolve issues by scanning your Outlook data files and repairing errors.
- In Windows 7, choose Start > Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles.
- Outlook sometimes seems to have three speeds: slow, slower and slowest.
- Step 6: Create a new user profile Your profile stores a variety of settings that control how Outlook looks and feels.
- Once the profile is created, on the Show Profiles dialog, choose Prompt for a profile to be used.
- Give Outlook a few minutes to finish the process and it should start to work again.